Brrr. Make these cable fingerless mitts your besties as the weather turns chilly.
The alpaca-mix yarn from Rowan gives a soft and snug finish. This knitting kit is ideal for knitters who have used cables before, using a cute combo of forward and backward cables to create an ‘XOXO’ effect along the back of the mitts.
Perfect for some knitty compliments all around as you dash into town for the essential weekly shop, or popping to the nearest knit and natter. With your fingers free, you’ll be able to pay for your coffee with your phone, find your car keys and even knit while you’re watching your children play football.
These are knitted flat, and seamed once you’ve finished. The seams aren’t noticeable when wearing, and you’ll find it easier to keep track through the pattern knowing that one row is purl-based and the next knit-based.
Size of finished cuffs:
21cm (8.5″) high, 20cm (8″) around the wrist/cuff (with ribbing there’s a lot of stretch)
Included in Kit:
- one 50g ball Rowan Felted Tweed DK
- leaflet with pattern, abbreviation index
- QR codes and URL links leading you to digital version of the pattern and exclusive YouTube playlist with all the videos you need to knit the mitts
- Knit Pro 3.25mm and 4mm Bamboo single-pointed needles
- Knit Pro cable needle set, 2.5 & 4mm
- knitters sewing needle for DK yarn
NOTE: These are knitted flat, as every row is different and you’ll find it easier to keep track knowing that one row is purl-based and the next knit-based.
knit and purl stitch