Learn a new technique over a lazy weekend, while watching Netflix, sipping a latté and knowing your to-do list can wait. (cos it can!)
Classic Stitch Bookmarks
Pixie Tassel Hat
Want to try a new knitting technique?
- Doesn't it take an age to get it wrong, rip it out, get it wrong, rip it out, and only after two less-than-perfect attempts, do you finally feel you've accomplished something?
- And which technique to try? There are so many options, from stitch patterns to colour work, to fancy slip-stitch textures. Isn't it just easier to find a tried and trusted pattern, pull out some yarn from your stash and get knitty?
- The tried and trusted can get boring. You're an intelligent human, you like to be challenged occasionally- but with 3 kids, (make that 4 with hubby!) a jack russell, and not even enough time to watch Strictly anymore, can your weekend actually find an hour for more knitting?
Bite-sized learning is a breeze!
- With a set of step-by-step videos you're able to fit a new technique in your knitter's toolbox easily and quickly. That old standby, of Googling jargon and not knowing which video actually gets it right, can be left behind!
- You can repeat the pattern, to practice the new style a few times in a weekend, and have Christmas gifts lined up you'll be proud to present (Yeah- you'll look oh, so, smug when they say 'did you knit this yourself?').
- Why is it the rest of the family has treats and weekend highs? Okay you don't play football, or take swimming certificates anymore, but you deserve some stimulation other than sorting the laundry into different colours on a Saturday morning!
- Have you been knitting your way through a long, long, long, loooong project and feel if you're not careful it could end up being another WIP that sits in the spare room and gloats every time you walk past to check the thermostat on the radiator? Just a quick break, a weekend off from the top-down jumper or the pile of squares for your giant afghan throw, will boost your motivation and be a welcome reminder that you can finish projects- really, you can!
Weekend Workshops are the answer!
pick up a new knitting style, with an achievable goal,
and put some pizzazz back into your knits!
- set of four patterns, with a common theme,
- knit up a beanie, beret, cowl and scarf to match
- full step-by-step videos to knit the beret
Over a series of videos we'll knit the ladies chunky beret together. While learning the stitch technique and discovering my tips and tricks for other parts of the knit, you'll pick up all you need to go ahead and knit through the remaining three patterns.
Mix and match with different yarns for a full winter's wardrobe of cosy accessories
Classic Stitch Bookmarks
- set of six patterns, covering six classic stitch patterns,
- perfect for learning about moving between knit and purl stitches,
- full step-by-step videos for all the patterns,
- great for adding a personalised touch when giving a book as a gift.
These are perfect easy knits for experienced knitters or as next-steps knits for beginners.
Switching between knit and purl stitches in different ways gives impressive and stylish results.
As you read you'll have a reminder of your knitting prowess every time you pick up your latest read!
- learn all about circular knitting on circular needles
- discover the only two cast-on methods you'll need for circular knitting
- how to knit 'jog-less' stripes
- convert patterns from flat knitting to circular knitting, lickety-split!
- AND full-step-by-step tutorials to knit flat circles on circular needles, with two different methods.
Through this video course you'll learn the fundamentals of circular knitting. And will feel ready to go it alone. You'll be converting flat patterns, creating your own, knitting up patterns written by others and astonishing yourself with all you achieve after these.
I even share my favourite books on circular knitting, so once you've followed along with the video tutorials you'll feel more able to go it alone and start book-learning too.
Pixie Tassel Hat
- 4 sizes of pattern, from 3 months to 6 years
- learn to shape a classic pixie hat.
- tassel tutorial included
- BONUS guide to help choose colour duets.
Find a lovely worsted merino yarn and any baby or child up to 6yrs will love this. Boys and girls alike fall for the bright contrasts and individual shape. (If you want to go the extra mile choose their favourite colours!)
- 4 videos helping your plan your knits, so they're loved and worn for years to come.
- discover how the colours you choose will make a big difference.
- learn some sizing tricks, so anything you knit will fit like a glove!
- become a detective about which knits to choose for which recipient.
- BONUS video and cheatsheet guide to help choose colours in pairs.
- BONUS 5-task planning workshop to decide who you're knitting for.
Spend 35mins watching the videos, while you're waiting for your party dress to be delivered post-haste by FedEx, and then an afternoon in a coffee shop (or the café in your local yarn store!) planning the yarns and patterns you'll use as you knit for family in the run-up for Christmas.
When you buy any Weekend Workshop...
you'll also get these bonuses:
pdf Pattern Guides
Once you start knitting through a pattern it can be easy to get lost and wonder where you are next time you pick up the knitting. This is why I've created exclusive pattern guides for each and every workshop pattern.
If you're a fan of planners, habit trackers and bullet journals you'll love these.
Patterns for all the family
You may feel like knitting all the patterns for yourself, but what if you fancy knitting up Christmas presents or your daughter needs a pixie hat for the school play? Well you can do that too- you'll find patterns for all the family here, and many of them have multiple sizes. You can knit through the items many times- and never get the same result twice!
Are the Weekend Workshops Right For You?
Who are They for?
Who are they not for?
Why learn to knit with Hannah?
Hi, I'm Hannah!
I've been knitting since I was yay high, (you know, the height of a four-year-old!) which is almost 4 decades. I've knitted countless items, tried and conquered so many techniques and styles of knitting, and learned a lot of what not to do too! Let's face it, I just love it.
My teaching experience comes not just from teaching my friends and family to knit ( I was helping my friends at school!) but also from teaching the piano in my 20s and from having a Mum who was a teacher- her style and experience rubbed off on me, so I know how to break down tasks and deliver it so you can understand more fully and easily what you're learning.
These Weekend Workshops are some of my favourite creations- I love teaching and learning in bite-sized chunks- I hope you'll love them too!
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Where are the videos... is it live?
All my teaching happens online. The videos are pre-recorded, so you don't have to show up at a particular time. You set the learning time, whenever it's convenient to your schedule. To see the workshops you'll be logging in to the membership area of my website. (knitwithhannah.co.uk)
What happens next?
Once your payment has been confirmed you will receive access details in an email. This may take longer if our timezones are out of whack! Sometimes the website is happy to go on with the automated access process which means you'll be in almost instantly. If I have to confirm your status you'll be in within 24hrs on weekdays, 48hrs on weekends.
How long do I have access to the workshop?
This is a life-time access workshop, it's not a renewable membership. Once you're in you're in! As long as I'm knitting (which is likely to be life-time!) I'm planning on having the website and courses available to you.
How can I get a refund?
Refunds are not offered for these short courses as all the lessons are available immediately. If you have any questions within 30 days of purchase, once you start knitting, I'll answer them if you email me: Hannah@knitwithhannah.co.uk.
Why should I buy this workshop?
If you use my workshops, I'll help you work through one step at a time and not ask you to leap too far at once. My teaching method is all about keeping it simple which always achieves stunning results.
Remember- this is a one time only fee too!
Didn't find the answer you're looking for?
You can email me at Hannah@knitwithhannah.co.uk and I'll reply within 2 working days (usually much faster, like Hermione knitting an elf hat!)